- There are an estimated 72,300 people employed in the health sector in Northern Ireland.
- There is 1 health employee for every 25 people resident in Northern Ireland
- There is 1 GP Surgery for every 4,959 residents and 1 NHS Hospital for every 23,187 residents
- Sub- regionally, this ratio ranges from 1 GP Surgery for every 3,296 up to 10,174 residents
- 1 NHS Hospital for every 7,317 up to 99,034 residents.
- The health sector accounts for 10% of the country’s total employment.
- The independent sector accounts for approximately 25% of the total health sector workforc.