HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER:
Maternity Cover (up to 12 months)
37 hours per week
£28,500 per year
To provide a comprehensive range of administrative, human resources and training
The post holder will be responsible directly to the Director of Finance and Corporate Services for the day-to-day operational activities relating to human resources and Principal Duties
- To assist the Director of Finance and Corporate Services in the review and development of HR policies and practices;
- To oversee the terms and conditions of employment as detailed in the Handbook;
- To be responsible for the maintenance of an up-to-date HR Information system in regard to absence information, employee details, recruitment details etc.
- To carry out administrative tasks to support the work of the department including maintaining of training records and liaising with Finance on pay pension
- To support Line Managers in managing Employee Relations issues, ensuring they are dealt with both professionally, legally & in a timely manner.
- To provide training to management and staff on HR matters e.g. selection and recruitment, Performance Management System;
- To oversee the compliance with Health & Safety including convening regular meetings of the Health & Safety Committee;
- To liaise and negotiate with the Trade Union representatives and to advise on all matters raised by the Union
- CIPD qualified
- 3rd level education in a related discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a HR Function, gained in a public sector
- Previous experience working within a Unionised environment
Premiere People is a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employers Confederation operating as an Employment Business for the recruitment of temporary vacancies.