Our client is interested in recruiting for a Finance and Project Manager to join their team on a 15 month fixed term contract based in the East Belfast Area
Job role - Finance and Project Manager
Location - East Belfast, although work from home at beginning
Hours - 36 hours per week ( Full time )
Annual leave - 25 days annual leave plus 11 public/bank holidays per annum
Length of role - maximum 15 month fixed term contract
Salary - 35k plus per annum ( based on experience )
Reports to - Financial Controller
Reporting - Finance team (x4)
To undertake continuous management of financial systems and budgets, to offer financial advice, audit accounts and provide trustworthy information about financial records within the company. This includes process and control of accounting systems, financial reporting, taxation and auditing. Project accounting will be a major component of the role in addition to taking a significant role on financial projects to include processing and control, systems set up and roll out to other countries.
- Ensuring all financial systems, processes and practices comply with all legal requirements and obligations, as well as the department and the department International standards.
- Ensuring timely and accurate financial planning, management and monitoring for the organisation including the preparation of monthly management information, accounts, statutory financial and statistical regulations and returns (including VAT).
- Responsible for supporting the financial controller in the production of annual accounts and general financial reporting to the agreed timetable.
- Liaising with finance colleagues to ensure accurate and timely collation of data for audit purposes. • Supporting the external audit process.
- To be responsible for the project accounting systems and contract management.
- Supporting the management of the financial year end processes in line with required regulations including SORP, ensure the preparation and production of Statutory Financial Statements / accounts, statistical regulations and liaise with internal and external auditors to ensure all requirements are met for all of the legal entities.
- Assisting with the system set up and roll out of accounting systems to other countries.
- Deputising for the Financial Controller where required
Reporting, Management Information and Budgeting
- Develop, institute, and manage effective financial reporting systems to ensure accuracy, integrity and transparency, and to support the activities of the organisation, in line with statutory obligations and International standards.
- Ensure all Finance information, produced and kept, is accurate and updated so as to provide strategic, tactical and proactive Ml, KPI and financial reporting to support the effective management of the business and drive performance.
- Provide financial reports and on-going information for grant support applications to governments and institutions etc. and to external bodies and agencies as required including International financial reporting requirements (specifically CONSOL).
- Provide up to date supporter financial claims and processing of Data
- Have responsibility for the planning and development of The Finance Team workload to ensure the provision of timely and accurate management information, including monthly management accounts.
- Ensure the Finance team, interns and volunteers are recruited, inducted, trained, managed and appraised in accordance Oxfam needs, policies and procedures including regular team meetings, identifying key performance indicators, work performance assessment etc. to ensure sustained improvement.
- Promote innovation, continuous improvements and assist change management to drive efficiencies within the Finance Team and throughout the organisation.
- Develop effective communication within the Finance Team and also among other staff within the organisation.
- Build effective working relationships internally, and externally, with key stakeholders
- Maintain active membership of relevant networks and keep up to date with developments in the external environment, relevant research, and legislative requirements; while ensuring the Financial Controller is fully informed of relevant developments and their implications.
- Support department and organisation wide projects including successful implementation, management and maintenance of all financial systems and other technologies as required and agreed.
- Act at all times in the best interests of the department while continually promoting the vision and mission within all sections of the community, as well as the media and/ or at appropriate events as agreed.
- Represent the department as appropriate on internal and external bodies (including International), working groups and events.
- Maintain an excellent standard of internal and external oral, written and electronic communications in accordance with the departments communication guidelines.
- Be accountable for internal communications regarding Finance and support the organisation internal communications strategy as appropriate.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks relevant to the post as agreed
- Relevant professional qualifications e.g. CIMA or ACCA
- 1-2 years managing staff
- Professional managerial experience within the finance discipline, including management and statutory reporting processes
- Demonstrable experience of effective staff management
- Experience of leading projects of Financial system improvement
- A high level of skills in budgeting and forecasting
- Experience in completing and reviewing financial and procedural audits
- Experience in multi-annual grant management systems
- Advanced Excel Skills
- An excellent standard of internal and external oral, written and electronic communication skills
- Strong written and oral English and interpersonal skills
- Flexible approach to working hours – ability to work evening and weekends if necessary
- Strong commitment to the departments mission and values.
- Eligibility to work in Ireland and UK.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work.
- Commitment to safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with as safe as possible
This post has all-island responsibility, based in Belfast with a requirement to be regularly present in both Dublin and Belfast office locations as needed. Other travel within Ireland and internationally will be required as will support and visits internationally. The postholder will take a pro-active, strategic approach to financial systems development and operation, supporting and strengthening specialist, but non-financial department managers in the handling of financial aspects of their work, especially vis a vis our overseas programme. As we are a volunteer-based organisation, and so have frequent direct dealings with donors and other supporters, tact and courtesy are essential at all times. Staff are required to have a degree of flexibility in their work and attitude, to co-operate with colleagues and volunteers to ensure the efficient, effective and economic use of the resources. The post holder will also be able to open and close the store as necessary.
If interested in this role and meet all criteria please send an updated CV across to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Finance and Project Manager - East Belfast' in the subject title.