Premiere People Healthcare are seeking to recruit a band 6 Care Review and Support Practitioner on behalf of a NHS client based in Belfast.
The post holder will ensure that service users requiring long term care placements or supported housing experience a high quality, safe and effective service that takes cognisance of their physical/ psychological/ social/ emotional and spiritual needs, to maximise their quality of life and lived experience.
The Care Review and Support Practitioner must be knowledgeable about the aging process and the issues older adults and their carers face, recognising changes in physical and mental wellbeing. The post holder will work to build therapeutic working relationships with Older People and their families, to address the specific challenges of group living settings by promoting choice, autonomy, and dignity in later life. The practitioner will recognise that Older People and their carers are experts by experience, and will work in partnership with them, to promote independence and resilience, participation in assessment, care and review processes, to reduce risk and avoid harm.
The post holder will be required to assess the quality of care being delivered to service users in care settings and advocate on behalf of the service user, to promote human rights and best practices.
The practitioner working with Older People must be knowledgeable about relevant legislation and policies, RQIA regulations, undertake the investigating officer role in Adult Safeguarding procedures and be proficient in the forthcoming Mental Capacity legislation.
- Qualification in Nursing, Social Work, or Allied Health Professional
- Have appropriate professional registration or have lodged an application with the required professional body
- Have practiced as a health or social care professional for 2 years post qualifying
- Can demonstrate an understanding of the needs of Older People living in care homes, including the impact of group living, ageing, frailty, deteriorating mental health and palliative care
- Awareness of adult safeguarding and quality of care issues in regulated facilities
- Current full driving licence have access to a car on appointment
For more information please contact the Healthcare Team on 02890 720104.