Our Client in the Armagh area is seeking a Full-Time Temporary Health & Well Being Officer
This role is currently a maternity cover. Working Monday -Friday 9am-5pm
The Health and Wellbeing Officer will be responsible to the Health & Wellbeing Manager and will support the implementation and delivery of a planned programme of work which ensures the attainment of the client's strategic priorities in relation to the Health and Wellbeing aspects of the Human Resources Annual Business Plans.
Key Areas and Responsibilities:
- Attendance Management- Advise managers, principals and Boards of Governors on issues relating to the management of absences which involves sickness, stress, injury or disability
- Employee Health & Wellbeing - Provide confidential advice and support to staff who have work-related health concerns with a view to assisting them to identify solutions.
- Policy Development- Contribute to the identification of suitable topics for policy development.
- Service Delivery & Line Management- Line managing staff within the Health & Wellbeing function.
Either: A degree or equivalent,
plus 3 years’ experience in an area deemed relevant to the post;
Or: 5 years’ experience in an area deemed relevant to the post in the education sector;
- A minimum of 6 months’ generalist HR experience, within the last 12 months (by the closing date of receipt of applications) at Executive Officer level or above;
- Experience of advising on pay, terms and conditions, and supporting managers on the management of employee relations issues;
- Experience of applying employment law to practical situations e.g. Disability Discrimination;
- Experience of working/assisting in the management of employee relations issues, including providing advice on attendance management issues;
- Experience in developing and delivering training to line managers, staff, Governors and school principals;
Premiere People is a corporate member for the Recruitment and Employers Confederation operating as an Employment Business for the recruitment of temporary vacancies