Premiere People Healthcare are urgently seeking a Probation Officer to cover a period of maternity leave in the Mid Ulster area. The role will be based in Magherafelt but the successful candidate may be required to travel to, or be based in other locations.
Management of individual offenders in the community and in prison. Seeking to reintegrate offenders into the community through effective assessment and supervision, thereby reducing re-offending and contributing to public protection.
The successful candidate will be required to perform duties which include but are not limited to:
- Carry out detailed assessments of offenders (using appropriate assessment tools) including risk assessment in support of pre-sentence reports, pre and post release reports in prisons and the reassessment of existing clients.
- Manage a caseload of offenders in the community. Supervise those placed on probation or subject to licence.
- Working with and delivering services to the complete range of offenders and to all sections of the community and individuals within various social groups.
- Contribute to the delivery of high quality researched based programmes. Services may be delivered on a one-to-one basis or through group programmes and activities as appropriate.
- May be required to work as a member of a prison based team providing services during sentence and preparation for release.
This is a full time role, 37 hours per week Monday to Friday 9am-5pm, on occasion evening work may be required.
- Be a qualified Social Worker
- Have a valid UK driving license and use of a car (reasonable adjustment may be made in respect of disability)
- Be registered on part one/part one with conditions of the NISCC (Northern Ireland Social Care Council) before taking up post. If Part 1 with conditions (i.e. subject to the Assessed Year in Employment), the successful candidate will be required to provide either:
- NISCC form Summary of Learning/Assessed Year in Employment (Student Transcript)for newly qualified social workers embarking on the AYE
- NISCC form Attachment to Reference – for Staff Changing Employer or Team Within the AYE (Form Ref AYE4)
The successful candidate will be required to carry out an Enhanced Access NI check.
For further information or to apply for this role please contact Kelly Eccles on 02890720104 or submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org